Roasted Carrot Tart
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 bunch Carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 3.5 oz Goat cheese, room temperature
- 15 oz Ricotta
- 5 oz Spinach
- 3 eggs divided, 2 lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 1 Lemon, zest & juice
- 2 tsp Cumin, divided
- 2 tbsp Fresh chives, chopped
- 14 oz Puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- handful Thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place carrot halves on a baking sheet in a singe layer.
- Whisk together 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp cumin, salt and pepper then drizzle mixture over the carrots. Bake carrots for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- On a lightly floured surface, lay the thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll out until just big enough to fit your tart pan. Transfer it to a tart pat.
- Which together 1 egg with 1 tbsp of water and brush it over the puff pastry. Bake for 10 min, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, place spinach in boiling water, stir and blanch for 30 seconds. Then drain, let cool and squeeze out excess water with your hands. Chop finely.
- Mix together the ricotta, goat cheese, eggs, spinach, 1 tbsp chives, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Once carrots are out of the oven, increase temperature to 475F.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the cooked puff pastry shell and spread evenly. Layer the roasted carrots over the cheese then sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until set.
- Sprinkle with remaining chives and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from WavesInTheKitchen.com