Red Potato Bites
- Yield: 40 pieces
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Small round red potatoes, or white potatoes
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to boil, and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, and cool in a bowl of cold water.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Remove potatoes from water, pat dry with a paper towel and cut in half.
- Using a small spoon, carefully remove a small amount from the center of each piece, leaving approximately 1/4 inch rim around each potato. Set aside the potato you scoop out.
- In a bowl, mix together reserved potato, sour cream, bacon, seasoned salt, pepper and chives.
- Spoon a small amount of mixture into each potato half and place on a baking sheet. Top each with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and potatoes are warmed through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com