Pork Chops with Apples
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 2 hours, 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 1 quart Water
- 4 Boneless pork chops, 8 oz each
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 3 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- 2 Apples, quartered
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- Mix together the honey, salt and water in a large bowl. Place the chops into the brine and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove chops the from brine and discard brine. Rinse them, pat dry and let them sit on a plate until they dry, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season chops with pepper to taste.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook pork chops, 3- 5 minutes, until starting to brown. Flip chops, add the apples, onion and rosemary and place a cover on the skillet.
- Bake until chops are cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Place pork chops and apples on a serving dish and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com