Perkedel Kentang-Indonesian Potato Fritters
- Yield: 16 fritters
- Prep Time: 14 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 lbs Potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp Black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Deep-fried shallot
- 1/4 cup Scallions, finely chopped
- 1-2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Oil, for deep frying
- Add 2 inches of oil to a pot for frying. Place over high heat until oil is hot.
- Fry potatoes until they are golden brown on all sides, then set aside on a wire rack or paper towel-lined plate. Work in batches if needed to avoid overcrowding the potatoes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add the ground beef, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of black pepper and fry until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth. Stir in the ground beef mixture, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, sugar, nutmeg, fried shallots and chives until evenly combined. Form mixture into a ball.
- Divide the ball into 16 even portions and shape into patties. Place patties on a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Add more oil to the frying pot, if needed, to reach 2 inches again and heat until hot.
- Dip patties in the beaten egg, then fry in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, then place on a rack to dry. Work in batches if needed to avoid overcrowding.
Recipe adapted from DailyCookingQuest.com