Pan-Roasted Arctic Char
- 4 Arctic char fillets, 7 oz each
- Canola or olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Pat fillets dry with a paper towel to draw out excess moisture for a better sear.
- Liberally season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a nonstick pan and heat on medium-high heat. When the oil begins to shimmer, gently lay fillets skin-side down in the pan.
- Let it cook until 3/4 of the side of the fillet is opaque, about 3-5 minutes. Carefully flip the fillets and cook another minute.
- Set aside and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.
Recipe adapted from FreshDirect.com