Mussels, Clams and Shrimp in Spicy Broth
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 28 oz can Diced tomatoes
- 24 Small Littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 24 Mussels, debearded
- 20 Large shrimp, peeled, deveined & butterflied
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Crusty bread
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, bay leaf and crushed red pepper and saute about 1 minute.
- Pour in the wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until the flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the clams, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mussels, cover and cook until the clams and mussels open, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the opened shellfish to serving bowls, discard any that don’t open.
- Place the shrimp and basil in the broth and simmer until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Divide shrimp and broth among the bowls and serve with warm bread.
Recipe adapted from FoodNetwork.com