Margaret’s Basil Herb Butter
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1⁄4 cup Basil leaves
- 1-2 cloves Garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Butter, softened
- 1-2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Put basil leaves and garlic in food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add lemon juice, salt & sugar, pulse to combine.
- Add butter to basil mixture and process until smooth.
- Roll in plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate, or scoop with small ice cream scoop or melon baller and freeze portions, then store in zip lock bag and thaw as needed.
Optional: Add other herbs to the Basil Butter recipe (Parsley, Oregano, Thyme, etc.) to create your own Mixed Herb Basil Butter.
Serve on grilled steak, french bread, pasta, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, green beans or other steamed vegetables.
Submitted by Margaret Waz
Adams Fairacre Farms, Newburgh