- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 Medium onion
- 2-3 Jalapeño peppers
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Corn Oil
- 1/4 tsp Goya® Ground Cumin
- 2 cans 8 oz Goya® Tomato Sauce
- Goya® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp Corn Oil, divided
- 8 Goya® Corn Tortillas
- 8 Eggs
- 16 oz can Goya® Traditional Refried Beans
- 1/4 cup Goya® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1 Avocado, sliced
For the Ranchera Sauce:
- Place onion, jalapeño peppers and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Heat the oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pureed mixture and cumin, then cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture turns light golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and 1 cup water, then bring to boil. Cook until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Season sauce with Adobo and keep warm while you cook the eggs.
For the Eggs:
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tortilla and cook, flipping once, until it inflates and turns light gold on both sides, about 2 minutes. Move the tortilla to large sheet of foil. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, adding more oil as needed. Once all are done, loosely wrap the foil around the tortillas and place in the warm oven.
- Divide 2 tbsp oil between 2 skillets over medium-high heat. Add 4 eggs to each skillet and season with adobo. Cook eggs until whites are set and yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- To assemble your huevos rancheros, place 2 tortillas on a plate, spread 2 tbsp of refried beans on it, then top with 2 eggs, some sauce, cheese and avocado. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Recipe adapted from Goya.com