Herb Topped Beef Roast
- 3-4 lb Boneless top loin roast
- 4 tsp Minced garlic, divided
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 2 heads Cauliflower, separated into florets
- 6 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cups Dry Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Press 2 tsp of garlic evenly onto all surfaces of the roast, followed by the thyme.
- Place roast, fat-side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, but not resting in fat. Roast on center rack for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare or 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, toss together remaining garlic, 4 tbsp oil and cauliflower on rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with aluminum foil and bake on lower rack for 45 minutes.
- Combine breadcrumbs and remaining 2 tbsp oil. Remove foil; sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over cauliflower. Continue to bake, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and cauliflower begins to brown.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare or 145°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board, tent loosely with aluminum foil and let stand 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
- Carve roast into slices and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with roasted cauliflower.
Recipe adapted from BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com