Skip to content
- 1 lb Hanger steak
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Take the steak out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together the olive oil, garlic and rosemary.
- Rub the mixture on all sides of the steak and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron, or oven safe, skillet over high heat. Once very hot, add the steak and sear it for 2-3 minutes on each side, until it develops a nice crust on both sides.
- Transfer the skillet to the hot oven and cook the steak for 5-7 minutes for medium-rare, or until your desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing it thinly against the grain.