Hamburgers With Crispy Salami
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 8 thin slices Salami
- 1 1/4 lbs Ground chuck, 85% lean or less
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 6 oz Fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 cups Arugula
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Arrange the salami in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until crisp, about 8 – 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grates.
- Form the beef into four 3/4 inch thick patties. Season with salt and pepper to taste, about 1/2 tsp each is a good place to start.
- Cook the patties for 4 – 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 4-5 more minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 155° F for medium. Top the burgers with the mozzarella during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Spread the rolls with equal amounts of the tomato pesto.
- Form sandwiches with the rolls, burgers, salami and arugula.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from RealSimple.com