Grilled Salmon Kebabs
- Yield: 6 kebabs
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 lbs Salmon fillet, no skin
- 1/2 cup White wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill, chopped
- 1 large Zucchini, sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
- Metal or wood skewers, if using wood, soak in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- Cut salmon crossway into ½-inch wide strips and place in large ziplock bag. Add vinegar, lemon juice and zest and dill to the bag. Seal tightly and shake to combine, massaging the marinade into the salmon.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 – 30 minutes. Careful not to marinate longer than 30 or the vinegar will start to cook the salmon.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill.
- Remove salmon from bag and discard marinade.
- Thread salmon pieces accordion-style onto skewers, alternating with zucchini slices. Sprinkle skewers with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place kebabs on the hot grill. Cook, uncovered, for 5 – 7 minutes, rotating halfway through, until grill marks appear and fish is flaky when tested with a fork.
- Squeeze more fresh lemon juice over skewers before serving.
Recipe adapted from PlatingPixels.com