Grilled Ribeye with Vietnamese Noodle Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 1 1/3 tbsp Barbeque seasoning
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- 2 Ribeye steaks, about 12 oz ea
- 4 oz Rice noodles
- 3 tbsp Less-sodium teriyaki marinade
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 1 cup Fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup Carrots, matchstick cut
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Pat steaks dry with paper towels.
- Stir together barbeque seasoning, ginger and oil and rub into both sides of the steaks. Let steaks rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat, leaving one section unlit for indirect cooking.
- Place steaks on hot grill rack over lit area and cook, uncovered, for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Move steaks to the unlit area of the grill, cover and cook 4 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 135°.
- Move steaks to a cutting board, tent with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and transfer to bowl of ice water. After 5 minutes, drain the ice water and set noodles aside.
- Whisk together the teriyaki marinade, vinegar and fish sauce. Add noodle salad herbs, bean sprouts, carrots and noodles and toss to coat evenly.
- Thinly slice steak and serve over the noodle salad topped with lime wedges and chopped peanuts.
Recipe adapted from BuschsLocal.com