Grilled Rib Eye with Parmesan Tomatoes & Squash
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Frenched bone-in rib eye, 2 to 3 lbs
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 4 medium Tomatoes, cut in half and cored
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 medium Zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium Yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium Shallot, sliced
- Italian-herb compound butter, for serving, optional
- Paprika-infused oil, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Season both sides of ribeye with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place steak on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered 4 minutes on each side.
- Place steak in ovenproof, nonstick pan and place in hot oven for 30 – 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Mix parmesan, garlic and 1 tbsp basil in a bowl. Top each tomato half with 2 tbsp of the Parmesan mixture. Add tomatoes to 350°F oven below steak 15 minutes before expected finish time.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and shallot slices and cook 8 – 10 minutes, until tender and just starting to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining 1 tbsp of basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and keep warm until ready to use.
- Remove steaks from oven when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare or 150°F for medium doneness. Transfer steaks to carving board, tent loosely with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to HIGH broil. Broil tomatoes 4 minutes until cheese begins to brown.
- Serve steak with zucchini and roasted tomatoes. Top with Italian-herb compound butter and paprika-infused oil, as desired.
Recipe adapted from BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com