Grilled Bread with Zucchini, Ricotta and Basil
- 4 Half-inch thick slices country bread
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Small zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup Fresh basil, leaves torn
- 1⁄4 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Fresh ricotta
- Kosher salt
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Brush the bread with 1 tbsp of the oil and grill until golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to plates.
- Grill the zucchini until tender and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Toss the zucchini in a large bowl with the basil, red pepper, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and the remaining tbsp of oil.
- Top the bread with the zucchini and ricotta.
Submitted by Real Simple Magazine