Goat Cheese Risotto
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red pepper, diced
- 4 Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Fresh baby spinach
- 6 Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup White wine
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 14 oz can Diced tomatoes, drained
- 5 oz Goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp Butter
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat butter until melted and bubbling.
- Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic, pepper and mushrooms and continue cooking for another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the risotto, mix well and turn the heat up to high. Cook on high for about 1 minute, then add the white wine. Deglaze the pan and turn the heat down to medium-high heat.
- Stirring frequently, cook until the liquid has almost all been absorbed. At that point, stir in 1 cup of chicken broth and bring the heat down to medium heat. Add the parmesan and the sun dried tomatoes. Continue cooking and stirring until the liquid has almost all been absorbed.
- Add in 1/2 cup of chicken broth along with the diced tomatoes. Continue cooking until there is almost no liquid left. Test your risotto. If it is still hard, add in the rest of the chicken broth and stir frequently until the liquid has been absorbed. Test your risotto again and do the same thing, 1/2 cup at a time until it is cooked to your liking.
- When the risotto is cooked, turn the heat to low, add the spinach, cover and cook for about 2 minutes. The spinach will wilt.
- Add the goat cheese and mix thoroughly. Keep cooking until the cheese has melted and is well incorporated.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from IAdoreFood.com