Fireside Mulled Cider
- 1 Cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 2 qts Apple cider
- 1/2 tsp Whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp Whole cloves
- 4 strips Orange zest
- 1 - 3 tbsp Light or dark brown sugar, to taste
- Use a mallet to break up the cinnamon stick into smaller pieces.
- Toast the cinnamon, coriander, cloves and peppercorns in a large saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Add apple cider, orange zest and brown sugar to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Skim away any foam that surfaces.
- Pour cider through a strainer lined with a coffee filter or cheesecloth. Discard the strained spices and orange zest.
- Serve warm or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe adapted from CooksCountry.com