Skip to content
Escarole and White Bean Soup
- Yield: Serves 10
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 3 Medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 14.5 oz Petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 31 oz Canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 head Escarole, coarsely chopped
- Shredded Asiago, optional
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the garlic and seasonings and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in the escarole and cook for 3 minutes, until just starting to wilt.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with Asiago.
- Serve immediately.