Escarole and White Bean Soup
- Yield: Serves 10
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 3 Medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 14.5 oz Petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups Vegetable broth\
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 31 oz Canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 head Escarole, coarsely chopped
- Shredded Asiago, optional
- In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery; cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add garlic and seasoning; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth and lemon juice; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans; cook 2 minutes. Gradually add escarole; cook and stir 3 minutes or until just wilted.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with Asiago if using, and serve.