Double Chocolate Cookie with Oatmilk Vanilla Ganache
- Yield: 32 cookies
- Prep Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup Chobani® Oatmilk Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups White chocolate baking chips
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 2/3 cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 4 cups All-purpose flour
- 7 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups White chocolate baking chips
- 1 3/4 cups Dark chocolate baking chips
Make the Ganache
- In a microwave-safe bowl, slowly melt the white chocolate. Stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
- Place oatmilk and vanilla in a pot and slowly bring to a boil.
- Pour the boiling milk over the white chocolate, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the butter and mix until everything is well combined.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Cover ganache and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Make the Cookies
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar and mix on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder and sea salt. Slowly add flour mixture until combined.
- Add the white and dark chocolate chips and mix on medium-low for 1 minute, being careful not to overmix the dough.
- Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop and roll ¼ cup-sized dough balls and place 2 inches apart. Reserve ½ cup of cookie dough and set aside.
- Using your thumb, press into the middle of each dough ball making a hole approximately ½” deep in the center.
- Chill the prepared dough pans in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Once the ganache has chilled for at least 2 hours, preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove cookies and ganache from refrigerator and transfer the ganache to a piping bag (or a Ziploc bag with a bottom corner cut off).
- Pipe the ganache into the thumbprint indentations, leaving a little bit of space at the top so they do not overflow.
- Break off small pieces from the reserved dough, creating “lids” to place over the ganache. Lightly press the lids over the ganache to create a seal, to avoid ganache melting outside of cookie during baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges look firm and the centers are still a little gooey.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Chobani.com