Deep Fried Cod
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 lbs Fresh cod fillets
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ⅓ cup Mustard powder
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Vegetable oil
- Cut the fish into approximately 7×2 inch pieces.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and dry mustard together.
- Heat the oil to 400 F.
- With a mixer, blend the flour, water, egg, sugar and salt.
- Drench each fillet completely in the batter.
- Quickly drop in the hot oil and fry for 5 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
Recipe adapted from Salu-Salo.com