- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 hours
- 4-5 lb Whole chicken
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 stalks Celery, roughly chopped
- 3 Carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 Red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 2 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Seasoned salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- Combine all seasoning mix ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place all the vegetables and herbs in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Remove the neck and giblets from the chicken, wash it with cold water and pat it dry.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and rub into the skin.
- Rub seasoning mix evenly over whole chicken then place it on top of vegetables.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Internal temperature should reach 165F.
- Move the chicken to a baking dish and broil for 4-5 minutes for a crisp and golden skin.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Carve as desired and serve immediately with vegetables from the crockpot.
Recipe adapted from TheNoviceChefBlog.com