Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups Baby spinach
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil, finely sliced
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add shrimp, salt and pepper and sauté, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes until browned on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place the butter, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes in the same skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Bring the sauce to a simmer while stirring continuously. Reduce the heat to medium and continue stirring until sauce reaches a desired consistency.
- Stir in spinach and cook another 1 minute.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and stir well to coat.
- Spoon over pasta or rice and sprinkle with basil.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from AheadOfThyme.com