Creamy Clam Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 3/4 cups Half and half
- 1 1/4 lbs Chopped clams, drained with juice reserved
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring constantly, until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the reserved clam juice, and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the half and half. Continue simmering for another 20, being careful not to let it boil.
- Add clams to the sauce, and cook until clams are just heated through, careful not to overcook. This will only take a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over your favorite pasta.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com