- Yield: Serves 16
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 12 oz Fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup Sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 17.3 oz Puff pastry
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 Egg, beaten
- In a medium saucepan combine cranberries, 1/2 cup of the sugar, plus cloves, cinnamon and 1/2 cup water. Cook 10 minutes or until cranberries burst and the mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the turnovers, cut each pastry sheet into 4 equal squares. Cut each square diagonally in half to form 16 triangles.
- Place a few apple slices, overlapping, on one side of each triangle. Top apples with 1 – 2 tbsp of the cranberry mixture. Sprinkle evenly with half the remaining sugar.
- Using a pastry brush, brush egg on the edges of each triangle. Fold the pastry over the filling and use a fork to crimp edges to seal. Brush the top of each turnover with egg, and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.