Corn and Basil Pancakes
- Yield: Approx. 10 cakes
- Prep Time: 20 hours
- Cooking Time: 10 hours
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn (about 2 ears) or you can use frozen
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Whisk flour, milk, eggs, 1 tablespoon oil, baking powder, salt and pepper in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in corn and basil.
- Brush remaining oil in a cast iron pan or skillet heat over medium heat.
- Use about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake – cook until the edges are dry about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side 1-3 minutes more.
Submitted by Traci Hegeman – Adams Fairacre Farms, Poughkeepsie