Coconut Rice Pudding
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Goya® Medium Grain Rice
- 6 Goya® Whole Cloves
- 1 inch Fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 Goya® Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Salt
- 15.5 oz can Goya® Cream of Coconut
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- Place rice in a bowl with enough cold water to cover it by 2”. Let soak for 1 hour, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place 4 cups of water, cloves, ginger, cinnamon and salt in a pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the spices, but leave the water in the saucepan.
- Stir the cream of coconut into the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and raisins, lower heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until rice is soft and liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer rice pudding to a serving bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once cool, serve with whipped cream, ground cinnamon and berries, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Goya.com