Chicken Thighs With Kale and Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper, divided
- 4 Skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 oz Curly kale, stemmed and torn
- 15 oz Can low-sodium chickpeas or white beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Combine coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until skin is lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and remaining salt and pepper to drippings in pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until onion is softened. Add half of the kale; cover and cook 2 minutes, until lightly wilted. Mix in the remaining kale, cover and cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas, then top with the chicken, skin side up.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Recipe adapted from CookingLight.com