Chicken Sandwich with Bok Choy Slaw
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 3 Scallions, thinly-sliced
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 8 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 Baby bok choy, thinly-sliced
- 2 cups Red cabbage, thinly-shaved
- 8 Brioche buns
- Mix together the mayonnaise, Sriracha and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate for later use.
- Combine soy sauce, canola oil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, scallions, salt and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade for the slaw.
- Add chicken thighs to the remaining marinade and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat and oil grates lightly.
- Place chicken onto grill, cover and cook, flipping occasionally, until charred and cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Meat thermometer should read 165F in the thickest part of the thigh. Transfer chicken to a plate, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine baby bok choy, cabbage and reserved marinade, tossing to coat evenly.
- Spread mayonnasie sauce on the buns, then top with a piece of chicken and some slaw.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from CityLine.TV