- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) Near East® Toasted Almond Pilaf Mix
- 12 oz Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 Medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen peas, thawed
- Prepare rice pilaf according to package directions. When adding in the rice, also add in the chicken, bell pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook 15 – 20 minutes, or until onions are golden brown.
- Stir peas into cooked rice.
- Serve rice with cooked onions on top.
Recipe adapted from NearEast.com