- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 1/2 lbs Chicken thighs
- All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter, divided
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 lb Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Dry marsala wine
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 1 tbsp Tapioca flour, optional
- Pound the chicken to about a 1/4″ thickness. Pat dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper to taste. Dust with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp butter. Brown the chicken in batches, about 3 minutes per side. Place in an ovenproof baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and keep warm in an oven set to the lowest setting.
- In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and up to 2 tbsp butter if needed. Cook until the mushrooms start to release their juices, about 3 minutes.
- Add the marsala and cook at a vigorous simmer, without stirring, until mixture is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Add the stock and continue to cook until it reaches a saucy consistency, 10-15 minutes. If the sauce is not thickening up at this point, or you’d like it thicker, add the tapioca flour and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in a tbsp of butter. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter and pour the mushroom sauce over it.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from TheKitchn.com