Cheddar and Beer Fondue
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups Sharp cheddar, shredded
- 4-6 oz Gruyere, shredded
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 cup German lager beer
- 2 tbsp Spicy brown mustard
- Few drops Hot sauce
- Few drops Worcestershire sauce
- Combine cheeses and flour in a bowl.
- Add beer to a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and gradually add cheese, stirring constantly.
- When all of the cheese has been fully incorporated, add in the mustard, hot sauce and Worcestershire.
- Transfer sauce to warm fondue pot.
- Serve immediately with a selection of sliced wursts, German pretzels, gherkins, bread, pickled onions or other sides of your choice!
Recipe adapted from FoodNetwork.com