Caramel Apple Slices
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Granny smith apples
- 2 cups Dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup Caramel squares
- 1 tsp Water
- Assorted toppings, such as mini chocolate chips, M&Ms, sprinkles, crushed Oreos, chopped nuts, melted white chocolate
- Line 1 or 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice apples into full slices, not wedges, about 1/4 an inch thick. Pat slices dry with paper towel.
- Place 1 cup of the dark chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave another 15 seconds. Continue until all chips are fully melted.
- Dip each slice into the chocolate until fully coated, shake off the excess and place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat until all apples are coated, melt more chocolate if needed.
- Place the caramel and water in a separate bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave another 15 seconds. Continue until caramel is fully melted.
- Use a fork to drizzle the caramel over the chocolate coated apples in any pattern you like.
- Immediately place toppings on top of the caramel and then place the apples in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes, or until set.
Recipe adapted from PrincessPickyGirl.com