Brown Sugar and Cayenne-Glazed Ham
- Yield: Serves 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
- 1 (8-lb.) semi-boneless fully cooked ham
- 1 large orange
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. apple juice, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place ham in a large roasting pan. Grate zest from orange; set aside. Squeeze juice from orange into a measuring cup. Add 2/3 cup of the apple juice to equal 1 cup juice. Pour on ham. Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the glaze, in a small bowl combine brown sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon apple juice, orange zest, thyme and cayenne. Set aside.
- Remove ham from oven. Spread glaze on ham; return to oven. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until glaze is set and an instant-read thermometer registers 140°F. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes. Carve ham, drizzle slices with pan juices, and serve.
Per serving: 497 calories, 21g fat, 9g saturated fat, 156mg cholesterol, 3953mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 49g protein
*5 minutes stand time extra