Broiled Steelhead Trout
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 lb Steelhead fillet, with or without skin
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Lemon, zest
- 1⁄2 Lemon, juice
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp Ground pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, plus more for pan
- Line a baking pan with foil and brush it with olive oil.
- Preheat oven broiler and move rack to second placement from top.
- Mix together garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper until a paste is formed.
- Place fish skin-side down on baking sheet, then evenly spread the paste over the fish.
- Put pan in the hot oven and broil for 5 minutes or less. The flesh should be seared, but the herbs shouldn’t be burnt.
- Move the fish to 3rd or 4th rack down in the oven and lower heat to 325°F.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through in the thickest portion.
Recipe adapted from Food.com