BLT Egg Bake
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 5 slices Bread, toasted
- 4 slices American cheese
- 12 strips Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 Medium tomato, sliced
- 5 Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- Shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spread mayonnaise on 1 side of each slice of toast and cut into small pieces.
- Arrange toast, mayonnaise side up, in a greased 8″ baking dish and then top with cheese slices and bacon.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth. Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Pour over bacon.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the eggs until they reach desired doneness, then place on top of bacon.
- Top with tomato slices and mushrooms and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and onions. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve over lettuce.
Recipe adapted from TasteOfHome.com