Blackened Salmon with Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 (6 oz) pieces Skinless salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, black pepper, paprika, salt and cayenne. Season each piece of fish by massaging the rub on both sides.
- Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. Add the butter and oil. Once the butter has melted, quickly add the fish and cook about 2 minutes per side, only flipping once.
- Transfer the whole pan to the oven and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- For the sauce, place the white wine into a medium saucepan and reduce it by half.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and allow it to reduce.
- Add the blue cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon fillets.
Recipe adapted from 30AEats.com