Beef Stir-Fry with Mango
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb Boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 3 tsp Olive oil, divided
- 2 cups Jicama strips
- 8 oz Sugar snap peas
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup Fresh mango chunks
- 1/3 cup Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Hot cooked instant rice
- Cut beef in half lengthwise, then into 1/4-inch strips crosswise.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add half of the beef and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, until outside of the beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with another 1 tsp oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in same skillet. Add jicama and cook for 1 minute. Add sugar snap peas and bell pepper, stir-fry 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return beef to skillet. Carefully stir in mango, soy sauce and garlic. Cook 2 more minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Recipe adapted from BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com