- 1-1/2 lbs Ground beef, 93% or leaner
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Ketchup, divided
- 1/2 cup Onion, minced
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Mix together beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, egg, Worcestershire, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Shape beef mixture into 8 x 4-inch loaf in the baking pan.
- Place pan on upper oven rack and bake for 45 – 55 minutes, until center of loaf reaches 160°F. Brush with remaining ketchup during last 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe adapted from BeefItsWhatForDinner.com