Skip to content
Beef Casserole with Cheddar Biscuit Crust
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb Lean ground beef
- 1/2 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 (18.8-oz.) cans Ready-to-serve chunky vegetable soup
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram or basil
- 2 cups Buttermilk biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup Cheddar, diced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place beef in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring once or twice. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in soup and marjoram. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the crust, in a medium bowl combine baking mix, milk and egg; mix well. Stir in cheddar. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto beef mixture in skillet.
- Place skillet in oven. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm.