Bang Bang Shrimp Quesadillas
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 8 medium Flour tortillas
- 1 lb Medium pre-cooked shrimp, shells, tails and veins removed
- 1 1/4 cups Pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 6 stalks Green onions, chopped
- 2 cups Pre-shredded cabbage mix
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Make the sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl or jar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pat shrimp dry. Toss in cornstarch until lightly coated.
- Heat oil in a shallow skillet, until hot. Carefully fry shrimp in batches until pink and opaque-careful not to overcrowd the skillet. Place cooked shrimp onto a paper towel-lined plate.
- Make first quesadilla by laying out one tortilla, add a few tbsp of cheese, 1/3 cup shrimp, 1/2 cup slaw, 1 tbsp green onions, a little sauce, more cheese and then top with a second tortilla.
- Gently heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with nonstick spray or lightly coat with oil.
- Add quesadilla and cook 3-4 minutes on the first side, carefully flip then cook 1-2 additional minutes on the second side. Remove from pan and keep warm while you repeat for remaining three quesadillas.
- Cut quesadillas into fourths, then top with some of the bang bang sauce and green onions.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from DomesticSuperhero.com