Bacon Wrapped Apple Butter Shrimp
- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Apple butter
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 6 slices, Bacon
- 6 Extra-large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add apple butter, maple syrup, red pepper flakes, kosher salt and smoked paprika to a skillet over medium heat. Cook, whisking occasionally, until mixture is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In another skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until starting to brown, but still soft. Move to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Wrap each shrimp with a slice of bacon and use a toothpick to secure it. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Baste with the apple mixture.
- Bake for 5 minutes, flip, baste the other side and bake for another 5 minutes. Continue flipping and basting until shrimp is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from NutmegNanny.com