Avocado Couscous Grapefruit Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 3/4 cup Low sodium chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 2 large Avocados, diced
- 2 Large ruby red grapefruit, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 15 oz Canned white beans
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp Fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- Bring the stock to a boil, then remove from heat and stir in the couscous. Cover pot and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and set aside.
- Whisk together the lime juice, honey, olive oil and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine beans and couscous. Pour dressing over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the avocados, grapefruit, feta, mint and cilantro and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately, or chill.
Recipe adapted from WellPlated.com