Arroz con Pollo
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 3-4 lb Chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Goya® Adobo with Pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp Goya® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 Green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Extra Long Grain Rice
- 1 packet Goya® Powdered Chicken Flavored Bouillon
- 1 packet Sazón Goya® with Saffron
- 1/2 cup Goya® Pitted Alcaparrado, sliced
- 1 jar Goya® Fancy Sliced Pimientos
- 1/2 cup Peas, thawed
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then season with adobo.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the chicken in batches, until brown on all sides, 7-10 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic to the pot and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add rice, bouillon and sazón to the pot and cook, stirring constantly, until rice is evenly coated in oil mixture, about 1 minute.
- Stir in 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add alcaparrado and chicken, skin-side up, to the pot. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed, rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and garnish with pimiento strips and peas.
Recipe adapted from Goya.com