Apple-Praline Quick Bread
- Yield: Serves 10 to 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 (14-oz.) pkg. quick bread mix (pumpkin, spice, apple or cranberry)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large Granny Smith or Braeburn apple, peeled, cored and cut into 12 to 16 wedges
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.† Coat the bottom of a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl prepare quick bread mix according to package directions. Pour batter into loaf pan; sprinkle with pecans. Press apple wedges upright into batter. (Do not lay apples flat on batter.)
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and place on a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, for the glaze, in a small saucepan heat butter and brown sugar over medium-low heat; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Pierce top of bread loaf several times with a knife, twisting gently to make small pockets in bread. Slowly drizzle glaze over bread, allowing it to soak into bread. Cool completely before slicing.
Per serving: 512 calories, 37g fat, 9g saturated fat, 62mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g protein
If using a dark baking pan, reduce oven temperature to 350°F.