Apple Pie Cheesecake Tacos
- Yield: 20 tacos
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 hours
- 5 Tortillas, 8 inch
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 16 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered sugar
- 21 oz can Apple pie filling, chilled
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Using a 2 inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out rounds from the tortillas, about 10 total.
- Dip each tortilla round into the melted butter, then into the cinnamon sugar. Flip a muffin pan upside down and place the rounds in between the mounds, forming them into little tacos.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese until it’s light and fluffy. Then mix in the heavy cream, lemon zest and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and mixing between each addition. Beat for another 2 minutes on medium until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Chill the cheesecake mixture for 1 hour to firm up.
- Place the cheecake filling in a piping bag, or a ziploc bag with a corner cut off. Fill the taco shells 3/4 way.
- Top each with a tsp of apple pie filling and a sprinkle of the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready.
Recipe adapted from KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com