Tilapia with Spinach and Tomatoes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 (4- to 6-oz.) tilapia fillets
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. baby spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Season fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Drizzle with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook 5 to 7 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Add capers, and sprinkle fillets with red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low; keep warm.
- In another large nonstick skillet heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add spinach in batches; cook and stir until wilted. Transfer to a colander to drain.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add tomatoes; cook 2 minutes. Place spinach on a serving platter, place fillets on spinach, top with tomatoes, and serve.
Per serving: 206 calories, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 76mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 24g protein