Citrus-Rosemary Roasted Turkey
- Yield: Serves 12
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (12- to 14-lb.) whole turkey
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place wine and enough water to reach 1 1/2 inches up the side of a shallow roasting pan. Place a roasting rack in pan.
- In a small bowl stir together honey, orange zest, rosemary, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1/4 cup of the honey mixture. Using fingertips, loosen and lift skin from turkey breast, being careful not to tear skin. Spread remaining honey mixture under breast skin. Tie legs together with kitchen twine; tuck wings under. Place turkey on roasting rack. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and cover loosely with foil. Roast 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Uncover turkey and baste with pan drippings. Roast, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours, basting with pan drippings every 30 minutes. Remove turkey from oven; rub with reserved honey mixture. Roast, uncovered, 30 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into thickest part of the breast. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Per serving: 538 calories, 22g fat, 6g saturated fat, 196mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 67g protein
*15 minutes stand time extra