Shrimp and Grits
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 3 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped, divided
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Cook grits according to package directions. Stir in butter, cream cheese, Cheddar, and salt to taste; stir until smooth and cheese melts. Remove from heat; keep covered.
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Reserve drippings in skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic and half the green onions; cook and stir 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon shrimp mixture on grits, sprinkle with bacon and remaining green onions, and serve.
Per serving: 416 calories, 28g fat, 16g saturated fat, 154mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 19g protein