Mahogany Clams In Spicy Black Bean Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 lb Maine mahogany clams
- 1 bulb Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 2” piece Ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 handful Cilantro, rough-chopped
- 3-5 Red Thai chilis, chopped
- ½ cup Oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tbsp Peanut oil
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch mixed in 2 tbsp Water
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Sauté garlic, shallots, ginger and red chilis for 1 minute.
- Add in clams and cooking wine. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until clam shells have opened. Remove any clams that won’t open.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar and toss well to coat.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture. Top with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from WildWildZest.com