Chicken Pesto Spaghetti
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 to 1 cup basil pesto, divided
- 8 oz. whole-grain spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- In a medium skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and tomatoes; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften. Stir in 1/4 cup of the pesto; toss to coat. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot cook spaghetti al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta; return to pot. (If pasta appears dry, gradually add reserved water and toss to coat until moist.) Add remaining pesto; toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Top pasta with chicken mixture, and (if desired) serve with grated Parmesan.
Per serving: 620 calories, 30g fat, 7g saturated fat, 85mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 43g protein